May the Ray be with You
We implement a novel pattern lighting, that takes arbitrary image as texture and illuminates only from non-white pixels with intensity proportional to pixel value.
Compared with naive (sub-region) parallelism, our per-pixel parallelism keeps all cores engaged till the last pixel rendered to utilize full computational power.
4 cores benchmarking with naive parallelism (video plays at 20x speed):
593.0s vs 355.2s
8 cores benchmarking with naive parallelism (video plays at 10x speed):
362.8s vs 183.9s
- GIFs are directly downloadable.
- Static rendered Yoda under pattern lighting of Saarland University seal (1920 x 1920).
- Parallelism benchmarking video:
- Yoda model was downloaded from cgtrader (Editorial License).
- Saarland University seal was scraped from CG assignment sheet.